ESG Improvements 2021
Improvements Carried Out During 2021
- Sustainable product identification initiative launched, including over 550 products in 171 shops across 128 airports.
- Over 2,300 Dufry employees, who are involved in the sale of alcohol products, obtained the DFWC accreditation as Responsible Retailer of Alcohol products.
- New retail technology concepts – Hudson Nonstop and Automated Retail Concepts – to meet demand for contact-less shopping experience.
- Global Information Security Policies aligned with the international security frameworks ISO 27000 and NIST.
- Diversity & Inclusion survey covering 70% of global employee base executed in 2021 to identify opportunities to further evolve D&I engagement and develop targeted initiatives.
- Global HR policy updated with respect to overall remuneration system and working conditions.
- Roll-out of employee communication tool – Beekeeper – to connect with non-desktop staff, reaching over 80% of our headcounts.
- Equal Salary Certification renewed for our Switzerland operation.
- CO2 emission reduction targets defined for Scopes 1, 2 & 3 emissions.
- Reach climate neutrality for scopes 1 & 2 emissions by 2025
- Considerably reduce Scope 3 emissions by engaging with 50% SBTI-committed suppliers by 2027 and by reducing carbon footprint of logistic partners by 28% by 2030
- Plastic bags substitution initiative in progress in 15 countries.
- Started to establish a supplier engagement program to support achievement of emission reduction target.
- Developed Environmental Management Guidelines to ensure the application of the precautionary principle and place the environment at the center of our decision-making process.
- Included in SXI Sustainability 25 Index of the SIX Swiss Exchange as of September 2021.
- Recertification of supplier code of conduct reaching 56% of group purchasing volume.
- Participated in a number of industry & customer ESG forums and events.