Dufry Subsidiary Hudson Group Opens Six New Stores at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las VegasDownload Press Release
Basel, June 20th, 2017
Dufry Subsidiary Hudson Group Opens Six New Stores at
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas
Hudson Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dufry AG, today announced six new stores at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. The stores total 14,500 sq. ft (1,347 m²) of commercial space and offer travelers high-end luxury goods such as watches, timepieces and jewelry as well as travel essentials, electronics, wine, spirits and apparel.
In collaboration with architectural firm, Designwork Studios, Chill, Hootenanny and Dunkin’ Donuts the expansion features three modernized stores tailored to appeal to the traveler’s senses to deliver an unparalleled shopping and dining experience, 24-7.
- Chill: The sundry shop, offers 1,550 sq. ft (145 m2) of travel essentials ranging from books, magazines, snacks and beverages to travel and convenience necessities, tasteful local souvenirs and electronics.
- Hootenanny: Hootenanny’s design elements include a modern apothecary feel with old school roadhouse furnishings, including raw, distressed fixtures with an industrial distillery feel. The 3,075 sq. ft (288 m2) shop offers travel essentials, electronics, top-shelf liquor and premium cigars in a humidor.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: A high-energy mash-up of bubblegum rock and pop art bring excitement to the iconic 1,546 sq. ft (146 m2) Dunkin’ Donuts eatery. The she state-of-the-art restaurant is located on the first floor of the hotel and is open 24-hours a day, seven days a week, serving Dunkin' Donuts' menu of delicious food and beverages.
Design elements incorporate the Group’s successful specialty and travel-essentials concepts with a unique twist, showcasing eclectic features such as custom island vitrines, bright color schemes, hip décor, and edgy textures for optimal guest engagement and visibility.
Moreover, the design firm, Big Red Rooster, has collaborated with retail shops Bezel, Day + Night and Shine to create their own identity that offer a rock and roll vibe paired with an authentic shopping experience.
- Bezel: Curated fixtures furnish the 831 sq. ft (72 m2) high-end watch and timepiece store to amplify the craftsmanship and detailing of master watchmakers. Key brands include Hamilton, TAG Heuer, Ernst Benz and Raymond Weil.
- Day + Night: Sophisticated opulence full of edgy attitude. The 7,111 sq. ft (661 m2) apparel store covers shoppers’ leisure travel wardrobe needs from a sun-drenched day at the pool to a star-studded night on the town. Black and white, checkered tile flooring accentuates the juxtaposition between daywear and evening apparel with a large, open black ceiling and metallic gold drapery. Shoppers can find clothing, accessories and sunglasses brands including M. Fredric, johnnie-o, Hershel Supply Co., Maui Jim, Tom Ford, Gucci and many more.
- Shine: Girly shimmer and shine is given a rock and roll edge in this high-end 400 sq. ft (37 m2) chic jewelry store. Shoppers are treated by an intimate, boutique feel that is grounded in rustic reclaimed wood and modern detailing.
“Hard Rock Hotel is committed to delivering exceptional, one-of-a-kind experiences to our guests,” said Jody Lake, chief operating officer at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. “With the Hudson Group partnership, guests will be able to take advantage of a fresh, unique shopping environment in addition to our outstanding lineup of first-class entertainment, innovative gaming, high-energy nightlight, day-life and music scene and acclaimed restaurants.”
Joseph DiDomizio, Hudson Group President & Division CEO North America of Dufry added: “With these new exclusive properties in Las Vegas, we are forging new territory by bringing 30 years of travel retail experience to resorts for the first time. These shops represent a new type of business for us, which best meets customer expectations and which we expect to further expand and develop going forward. We could not be more proud to partner with Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas.”
For further information please contact:
Corporate Communications North America
Phone: +1 201 821 8088
Mobile: +1 201 450 8829
Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Phone: +41 61 266 44 19
Phone: +55 21 2157 9901
Phone +41 61 266 45 77
Global Trade Media Relations
Media Relations Brazil
Phone +44 0 208 624 4326
Phone: +55 21 2157 9611
About Hudson Group
Hudson Group, the largest travel retailer in North America, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of international travel retailer Dufry AG (DUFN) of Basel, Switzerland. Hudson Group operates over 950 Hudson, Hudson News, Hudson Booksellers, cafes, specialty retail and duty free shops in 83 airports and transportation terminals in the United States and Canada, and operates in 24 of the top 25 airports nationally.
About Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is Las Vegas’ off-strip playground, just minutes and less than three miles from McCarran International Airport. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino offers an energetic entertainment and gaming experience with the services and amenities associated with a boutique luxury resort hotel. The property is known for its innovative nightlife and music scene regularly featuring world famous acts. Features of the property include the newly-remodeled 11-story Casino Tower with 640 rooms and suites; 17-story Paradise Tower with 490 rooms and suites; the 15-story HRH All-Suite Tower with 359 suites; eight spa villas and seven penthouse suites; 60,000 square feet of casino space featuring Peacock High-Limit gaming and Asian gaming amenities, as well as 110,000 square feet of flexible meeting and convention space. For more information on Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, visit www.hardrockhotel.com
Hard Rock International
With venues in 74 countries, including 174 cafes, 24 hotels and 11 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes in iconic cities including London, New York, San Francisco, Sydney and Dubai. HRI also owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. For more information on Hard Rock International, visit www.hardrock.com.